IEnova operates more than 500 kilometers of natural gas and LPG Pipelines
IEnova owns and operates natural gas and LPG storage and transportation systems throughout the states of Baja California, Chihuahua, Jalisco, Nuevo Leon, Sonora and Tamaulipas.
Our storage and transportation systems include:
- More than 500 kilometers (km) of natural gas pipelines with a transportation capacity of over 5,700 million cubic feet per day (MMcfd) of natural gas;
- Six natural gas compression stations with a total power of over to 160,000 horsepower;
- 190 km of LPG pipelines with a transportation capacity of 30,000 barrels per day (bld) (1.6 mthd) per day; and
- An LPG storage facility with a total of 120,000 bld (6.6 mthd).
Our pipelines include:
- Gasoducto Rosarito is a bi-directional system located in Baja California comprised by three pipelines with a total length of 302 km, as well as a 30,000 horsepower compression station. The pipeline interconnects with the pipeline system in the United States. http://www.gasoductorosarito.com
- Transportadora de Gas Natural is a bi-directional system that interconnects with the Baja East Pipeline and the pipelines system in the United States. The pipeline is comprised by a 45 km. pipeline and by a 8,000 horsepower compression station. http://www.tgndebajacalifornia.com
- Aguaprieta Pipeline is a system comprised of a 13 km pipeline that transports natural gas from the Mexico – U.S border to the Fuerza y Energia Naco-Nogales power plant, southwest of Agua Prieta, Sonora. http://www.gasoductoap.com/
- Naco Compression Station is a 14,000 horsepower compression station. This station is part of the Naco - Hermosillo natural gas system, property of Pemex Gas y Petroquímica Básica.
- Gasoductos de Chihuahua is our 50% joint venture with Pemex Gas y Petroquímica Básica. This joint venture owns the San Fernando pipeline, Samalayuca pipeline, TDF LPG pipeline system, Gloria a Dios compression station and the Guadalajara LPG storage facility. In addition to these projects, we are currently constructing an Ethane pipeline that will run through the states of Tabasco, Chiapas and Veracruz.
- Gasoducto Sonora CFE awarded IEnova two contracts for the construction and operation of a gas pipeline network in northwest Mexico. The network is comprised of two segments. The first segment (505 km) will transport natural gas from Sasabe to Guaymas, Sonora., and the second segment (330 km) will transport from Guaymas to El Oro, Sinaloa. The entire system is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2016.